Hi, I’m Donna! Welcome to Seasons Healings, my little safe haven of food-filled dreams! I’m an aspiring food photographer, recipe developer, wellness advocate, superfood junkie, music lover, cat mom, and lover of pretty things. I have a background in aromatherapy, and have been working in the natural health food industry for three years now. A Canadian gal, originally hailing from a small town in southern Ontario called Brantford. However, I’ve been living out West in the Canadian Rockies with my partner in crime for the last seven years. I’m an introvert, who enjoys cuddling on the couch with my cat, Ruby, listening to my favourite tunes and spending the majority of my time at home in the kitchen, experimenting with new recipes, using fresh, local ingredients.
Seasons Healings is a place for me to share my passion for food, cooking and healthy living with others. I have always shared a deep connection to food. Food makes me feel safe. I feel the most at home when I am eating a delicious, homemade meal. There is something so satisfying and special about lovingly preparing a meal for people and sharing it with them. It’s one of my favourite feelings in the whole wide world.
In addition to being a food lover, I am also hugely passionate about health & wellness, and honouring what your body needs. We’ve learned to distrust our bodies, rather than listening to them. I don’t subscribe to extreme diets, or keeping up with every new health food trend. Balance is key to living a healthy and fulfilling life. I also believe in the power of food to heal and nourish the body. Food should be fun, make you feel vibrant and satisfy your soul! I love cooking with whole foods, sourcing local ingredients and experimenting with different kinds of superfoods in the kitchen (including medicinal mushrooms and herbs).
ABOUT THE BLOG
Here you will find nourishing recipes made with love and real ingredients, kitchen experiments and health & wellness tips to keep you feeling your best! I am hoping to create an inclusive space with a little something for everyone. Everything from plant-based recipes, to gluten-free, paleo, and even keto recipes.
Recent Wellness Posts
Recent Recipe Posts
SOME FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I love astrology. I’m a Sagittarius rising, Cancer sun and Taurus moon, which all makes perfect sense to me. I’ve extensively researched many different aspects of astrology and can read birth charts. I find astrology to be incredibly fascinating. Astrology can help provide greater insight into people’s drives, motivations and personalities.
- I went to school for fashion design in Toronto. The plan was to become a fashion designer. That didn’t go over too well. Fashion will always be a love of mine, but food takes the cake. 😉 I was also supposed to study Cultural Anthropology, but I moved to Alberta instead.
- I’m half Portuguese. My Mom was born on the island of Azores in Portugal. I can understand most Portuguese, but can’t speak it.
- I love thrifting for antiques, including vintage food photography props, clothes, furniture. Pretty much anything you can think of..
- I am a self-taught photographer. All of my photos are taken on a Sony A5000 Mirrorless Camera with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I’ve always loved photography. I grew up taking a lot of nature photographs, and self-portraits. My Dad had many antique cameras, which inspired my interest in photography.
- The only three songs I can play on the guitar are as follows – Down On The Corner by CCR, You Are My Sunshine, and Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.
- One of my favourite snacks of all-time is artichoke dip with sourdough bread. Yes please!
- I love spending time out in nature. There is something so calming about being outdoors. I love going for hikes, spending time by the mountains or by the water. I especially love being by the water. Perhaps it’s a water sign thing?! One of my favourite things to do is to go for a stroll in my neighborhood with my partner.
- I love exercising. It can be challenging to make time to work out sometimes, but I try my best to always come back to it. Some of my favourite exercise activities are running, taking a spin class, yoga, or just working out at the gym. In addition to exercising, I also practice Qigong occasionally.
- I am still trying to master the art of playing a singing bowl.