Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookie dough? I’ve always loved the flavour of chocolate chip cookie dough. I often remember ordering cookie dough ice cream when my parents would take us out for an ice cream treat. Since growing older and become more health conscious, I’ve developed ways to healthify some of my favourite treats that I enjoyed as a child. These Almond Butter Collagen Cookie Dough Balls are a much healthier option to your traditional cookie dough..
HEALTHY ENERGY BALLS
I absolutely love energy balls, and have made many different variations over the years. These energy balls contain healthy fats, such as coconut oil and organic roasted almond butter.
They are also rich in protein, due to the collagen powder used in this recipe. I used my favourite collagen powder by New Earth Organics. It is their Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides powder. It contains type I and II collagen.
This collagen is completely flavourless, which makes it excellent for baking/cooking. It is also sourced from grass-fed cows which makes it a clean source of collagen. Collagen adds a fluffy texture to baking. It’s a wonderful ingredient!
BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN
Collagen is important for the formation of cartilage in your body. It is beneficial for healthy skin, hair, nails, joints, teeth and gut health. I try to take collagen daily in either powder or liquid form. It has definitely made a difference in the texture of my skin. Our bodies naturally produce collagen, however, as we age, our collagen production declines. This is why it is important to supplement when possible. These collagen energy balls are an excellent way to incorporate collagen into your food!
Bone broth is also a wonderful source of collagen and can be easily made at home from leftover chicken/beef bones. I try to make batches of bone broth to keep in my freezer. For a great recipe for homemade bone broth, head over here.
These almond butter collagen cookie dough balls are the most perfect snack, and they’re definitely kid-friendly! My partner, who is super picky when it comes to food, LOVED these. The texture of these energy balls are exactly like cookie dough, soft and moist + chocolatey! Did I mention that these are naturally sweetened with maple syrup? Yep! No added sugars here..
You can make a huge batch of these and freeze them. You will have healthy snacks all week long!
SHARING IS CARING
As always, if you make these healthy energy balls, please remember to share it on social media and tag me @seasonshealings. I want to see your lovely creations!
MORE HEALTHY SNACK RECIPES
Almond Butter Collagen Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut ribbons
- 1 scoop New Earth Organics Unflavoured Collagen Powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp cordyceps mushroom powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine oats, collagen, cordyceps, and salt and process until incorporated.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all the wet ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips). Using a handheld blender, blend wet ingredients until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl with the wet. Blend using your handheld blender until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into little balls (about 1 tbsp each). Recipe should make between 12-14 balls depending on how big you make them. Freeze the bites in an airtight container for about 5-10 minutes or until firm. You can easily store these in the freezer for quick snacks!