Happy New Years Eve, my dear friends!
Wishing you all a happy & healthy 2019!
Here is a quick little healthy recipe for some delicious avocado toast. I absolutely LOVE avocado toast. It is probably one of my favourite breakfasts ever. Avocado tastes so, SO good on some sourdough bread. What a stellar combination!
This is a great recipe to help whip you back into shape towards your health goals. It is simple and quick and tastes wonderful. The amazing thing about avocado toast is that there are literally MILLIONS of different combinations you could create depending on what your jam is. I really like to experiment. Th cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts and egg are what I was feeling today. But, I’ve also done ingredients like cream cheese mixed with avocado and hummus + avocado. Honestly, the options are truly endless…
In case you may not have noticed, I’ve been obsessed with pickled onions lately. They taste so good on pretty much anything. I am planning on doing a blog post about how to pickle onions for those of you who might be wondering how to do it. It’s super easy to do! They are great to have on hand for salads, tacos, toast, etc.
Avocado Egg Toast with Balsamic Glazed Tomatoes
- 2 sliced of sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 large egg, fried
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- a couple pickled onions
- cucumbers, optional but super tasty
- Start by toasting your sourdough bread.
- While the toast is toasting, heat a small skillet on medium-high heat and add some olive oil. Once the skillet is hot, crack an egg and let it fry up. It should take around 3 minutes or so to set.
- At this point the toast should be done, so you’ll want to work on the avocado mash. Add the avocado to a bowl and mix in sea salt, cumin, lemon and black pepper. Slather it onto your toast.
- Place your egg on the toast. Set aside and work on the cherry tomatoes.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the skillet with the balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and some dill. Cook for around 3-5 minutes until slightly softened.
- When done, place the tomatoes on the avocado toast. Serve with sprouts, cucumbers & pickled onions!