Superfood latte mixes have been becoming more and more popular these days. Turmeric lattes were all the rage for awhile (and I think they still are), but I have a feeling beet lattes are going to be one of the next big superfood trends..
I’ve been noticing a lot of beet latte mixes popping up around the health food stores lately, and I’ve really wanted to try some of them out. I recently got a sample of the Beet Latte mix by Organic Traditions and I have been SO excited to try it out!
I love beets in small doses…roasted beets, beet crystals, beet powder, etc. I probably couldn’t eat an entire salad made of beets, but everything else I could most likely eat.
We got the beet!
I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first about how beets would taste in a warm beverage, but I honestly feel that Organic Traditions has nailed this one down in the most perfect way. The beet flavour is very mild in this mix. In fact, I would actually suggest adding a couple more tablespoons if you want more of that earthy, beetroot flavour. For myself, I find the flavour to be just right. Beets are very high in vitamins and minerals, and actually help to cleanse the blood. This is definitely a drink that you can feel good about drinking!
I really had fun making this, and added some of my favourite things, such as rose water and vanilla, and of course, honey. The rose water adds a delicately floral flavour to the latte. Rose actually helps to raise your vibrational frequency. It is also very hydrating for the body.
This beet latte is very lightly sweetened with honey. Feel free to add more if you like your drinks on the sweeter side. Not only is this beet latte so creamy and cozy, but it is also healthy. It is a great option for those of you who are trying to cut down on your coffee intake.
More Latte/Elixir Ideas
Beet Coconut Rose Latte
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3-4 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pure rose water
- 2 tbsp grass-fed collagen peptide powder
- 2 tbsp Organic Traditions Beet Latte mix
- 1-2 tbsp pure raw honey
- crushed rose petals to garnish
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, whisk together almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla, rose water, collagen and beet latte mix.
- When the mixture is hot, turn heat off and place liquid into a high speed blender, like a Vitamin to further blend all the ingredients.
- Add the honey, then mix on high until combined.
- Pour into a big mug and serve with a bit of rose petals on top. Enjoy!