Banana bread and chai, need I say more?
Chai Banana Bread
This banana bread is so moist and wonderfully delicious! The chai flavour is very subtle, but it is there. There is something so cozy about banana bread and chai. It makes me feel warm, and fuzzy, and makes me want to curl up with a blanket.
This banana bread uses coconut cream, rather than sour cream, greek yogurt or any other moistening agent of that nature. It is actually pretty healthy, and uses only whole food ingredients. I used coconut sugar as the sweetener in this banana bread recipe, along with the bananas of course. Coconut sugar is a great natural alternative to white sugar because it lower on the glycemic index, which means it won’t spike your blood sugar as quickly as white sugar will. It also tastes great, so there’s that too.
This chai banana bread is healthy and full of so much flavour. It is the perfect morning snack! I love easy, healthy snack recipes! What is your favourite kind of healthy snack recipe?
Eating this with a pat of butter or some jam is so delicious. I love to reheat it before I am going to eat it so that the banana bread tastes as good as it did when I first took it out of the oven. I will generally just pop it in my toaster and it usually comes out perfect! The next time I make chai banana bread, I am definitely going to add a bit of chocolate, because chocolate + bananas=heaven!
I am looking forward to having this for breakfast when I am running out the door in a hurry, or as a snack during the day.
For more recipes, have a look at my recipe page here.
Chai Spiced Banana Loaf
- 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut cream
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp allspice
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients (melted coconut oil, mashed bananas, eggs, coconut cream, vanilla extract).
- Mix together all dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking soda, sea salt, cardamom, cinnamon, ground ginger, and allspice).
- Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the 9×5 loaf pan. Place sliced banana pieces on top.
- Place loaf tin into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.