I have had such a chocolate craving over the last two days, but have grown a little bored of reaching for the nearest piece of chocolate. What do you do when you have a chocolate craving and overripe bananas on your countertop? Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread! My bananas were literally black, and desperately waiting to either be used or tossed. I am so happy that I was able to salvage these bad boys to bring you this wonderful recipe and to satisfy my sweet tooth.
This delicious chocolate banana bread recipe is made using organic flour, protein packed Greek yogurt and is refined sugar free. It is naturally sweetened using honey. The bread is extra moist because of the Greek yogurt. This is definitely a healthier option to most banana bread recipes.
I guarantee you that most of the ingredients for this chocolate chip banana bread you most likely already have on hand. That’s the beauty of banana bread. It’s so dang easy to make! Not to mention, it is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert.
I think it’s important to add a sweet treat to your weekly meal prep planning. After all, chances are you are going to want a treat at some point. Making a healthy-ish sweet treat at the beginning of the week is a great way to prevent you from spending extra money on food and is also a healthier option to most processed treats available.
To make this recipe gluten-free:
Use 2 cups of oat flour instead of pastry flour.
To make this recipe dairy free:
Use 1/3 cup of almond milk instead of Greek yogurt.
To make this recipe vegan:
Use two flax eggs instead of regular eggs/Greek yogurt.
SHARING IS CARING
As always, if you make this Banana Bread with Chocolate recipe, please remember to share it on social media and tag me @seasonshealings. I want to see your lovely creations!
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 3 large overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, + more for sprinkling on top
- 1 extra banana sliced lengthwise, for decorating the loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir until just combined. Start by adding the wet ingredients, followed by the dry. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the parchment lined pan. Place the two halves of the sliced banana on top of the loaf. Gently press down slightly. Add extra chocolate chips on top of the batter. Bake for 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for about 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with extra honey, coconut oil or butter!