My Dad’s birthday is tomorrow. He would’ve been 62 years old. It has been almost two years since his passing. I’ve been feeling his presence a lot more lately. I’ve been hearing his favourite tunes which always serves as a pleasant reminder to me that he is near. I wanted to do something special to pay tribute to him on his birthday. I baked this chocolate chip cookie skillet to for him. Happy birthday, Dad!
This chocolate chip cookie skillet is so dangerously good. It’s so ooey, gooey. The perfect treat for a cold, wintery sunday. It is basically one giant cookie. What is not to love? This cookie is also super easy to make. You can pretty much use any type of cookie batter to make this. I basically worked off of my chocolate chip cookie recipe that is posted here. You could also use smaller skillets and make a couple of individual sized portions for people.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE SKILLET GOODNESS
My Dad always loved chocolate chip cookies. In fact, he would always praise my Mom for how good her chocolate chip cookies were. He definitely had a sweet tooth, for sure. I think he would’ve been really pleased with this giant cookie! This is the kind of treat that you will continue to stuff your face with until you start to develop a belly ache. It’s addictingly good!
NOTES ABOUT THE RECIPE
P.S. Don’t worry if the middle of your giant cookie is a little soft. You want it to be extra gooey! If you want a denser cookie, I would use less coconut oil. I personally enjoy an extra gooey and soft cookie. Serving this chocolate chip cookie skillet with a side of vanilla bean ice cream really takes this treat to a whole new level of yumminess. I used my FAVOURITE ice cream of all-time by a local company called Made By Marcus. If you are in the YYC area, you must try their ice cream. The vanilla bean ice cream is essential in my opinion. The creaminess just pairs so well with the texture of the cookie.
I just want to say that this chocolate chip cookie skillet is SWEET. Definitely not for those who are trying to watch their sugar intake. This is a treat, an indulgence. Something extra yummy for those special occasions. Life is about balance. Sometimes we need a little sugar in our lives. Ya feel me? Catch my drift? Treat yourself!
Mmm, how good does that melty chocolate and ice cream look? Everyone needs to try this dessert. Most of the ingredients you probably already have on hand. I’m not really into sports, but this would be a great treat to make today for Superbowl Sunday. It is best served warm, so be sure to serve it up shortly after it comes out of the oven. You will not regret making this! It is the definition of pure deliciousness.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
- 2 cups organic pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 organic coconut oil melted
- 3-4 tbsp grass-fed butter melted
- 1 cup organic dark chocolate chunks
- powdered sugar & vanilla ice cream for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8″ cast iron skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, butter, vanilla, coconut sugar, brown sugar and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients; flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Pour mixture into the skillet and flatten the top for a smooth surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.
- When done, let sit for 5 minutes and then serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and powdered sugar.