I’ve been in the mood for tacos lately, but not for your traditional tacos. Shrimp Tacos! These Easy Baked Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa are next level good. They are simple to make, and so full of flavour. I think my favourite part about tacos is all the amazing toppings you get to dress your tacos up with!
These easy baked shrimp tacos would make a perfect meal to serve for an outdoor summer gathering. They are so quick to make, and not to mention FUN! A great way to serve these would be to line up all your toppings so that people could choose what they wanted to fill their tacos with.
For these shrimp tacos, I topped them with Newman’s Own Mango Salsa, homemade guacamole, cheddar cheese and BeFresh Chili Lime Aquafaba mayo. Of course, you can always make your own salsa, but if you are in a pinch, the Newman’s Own Mango Salsa is delicious and adds a wonderful sweetness to these shrimp tacos.
Guacamole is super easy to make and adds a wonderful richness and creaminess. If you are unfamiliar with aquafaba, you should really look into it because it is an amazing dairy free, egg free alternative to regular mayo. Aquafaba is made from chickpea water. You can easily make your own and add whatever flavourings you’d like. I purchased mine from my local organic health food store. The chili lime flavour goes so perfectly with these tacos and adds a nice rich flavour.
Additionally, you could also make a chipotle mayo to drizzle over top of these shrimp tacos, which would be amazing!
Other toppings could include: lots of fresh lime, cilantro and sour cream. You can decide what suits your fancy!
EASY BAKED SHRIMP TACOS
I keep the taco filling for these baked shrimp tacos fairly simple. Red bell pepper, garlic and onions. Of course, you can add as many vegetables as you’d like for the filling.
The shrimp in these tacos really make them on the meatier side. They are incredibly filling! I found myself only able to polish off two of them, despite wanting to eat all of them.
Shrimp is a rich source of protein, high in omega-3 fatty acids and also contains astaxanthin. A great alternative to beef, and chicken. Fish tacos are quickly becoming a favourite of mine!
SHARING IS CARING
As always, if you make these healthy tacos, please remember to share it on social media and tag me @seasonshealings. I want to see your lovely creations!
Easy Baked Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 10 organic non-gmo corn taco shells
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup organic cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Newmans Own Pineapple Salsa
- 1/4 cup BeFresh chili lime aquafaba mayo
- 1-2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Start by making the shrimp. In a medium skillet on medium-high heat, add 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil. Then, add the shrimp. Add 2 tbsp of taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until the shrimp turns a golden brown colour.
- When shrimp is done, remove from skillet and set aside. Add the other tbsp of olive oil, red pepper, onion and garlic. Add the rest of the taco seasoning. Sautee for about 3-5 minutes until soft. Add the shrimp back into the skillet and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Line the taco shells on a baking sheet and fill each taco shell with some of the shrimp mixture. Continue until all the mixture is used up. Add the cheddar cheese to each taco. Place the tacos in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the tacos are baking, make the guacamole. Combine two ripe avocados in a bowl, along with the lime juice and cumin. Smash the mixture with a fork. For a smoother guac, mash the avocados really well. For a chunkier guac, don't mash the avocados as much. Add in the chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper and cilantro. Stir to combine all the ingredients and set aside. At this point, you can prepare your other sides: pineapple salsa, or chili lime aquafaba, or chipotle mayo.
- When tacos are done, remove from oven and top with your favourite toppings. Add more cheese, cilantro, scallions and lime if desired. Enjoy!