These healthy egg cups with sun dried tomatoes, spinach and cheddar are an easy breakfast alternative when you are on-the-go. These are lower carb, filling and are great to add to your weekly meal prep menu.
Lately I have been trying to get back into the routine of working out again. I recently purchased a monthly spin class package so I have been attending spin classes a couple times a week. I’ve been really enjoying the classes!
Such high energy and you always get in such a great workout. Since I started exercising, I’ve been trying to come up with healthy, and quick breakfast ideas that will support my workouts. These healthy egg cups have been helping me get through those intense spin classes!
This egg cup recipe is an excellent way to get a low carb, high protein meal in before a workout. Eggs are a wonderful source of protein and healthy fats.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY EGG CUPS
To make this easy, egg muffin recipe, you will need eggs, half & half, spinach, fresh dill, sun dried tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and salt & pepper.
All the ingredients are mixed together in a big bowl until combined, and then poured into each of the muffin cups. It’s as simple as that. This is why these egg muffins make such a great meal prep idea because they come together in no time and you have healthy breakfast meals prepared all week long!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST EGG MUFFINS
- Be careful not to overfill the muffin cups with the egg mixture. I suggest filling each muffin cup with 3/4 cup of egg mixture. These egg muffins will definitely rise in the oven.
- Greasing your muffin tin beforehand is key! Be sure to use a non-stick cooking spray, butter, olive oil or even coconut oil. I like to use a coconut oil & ghee non-stick spray.
- Allow up to 10 minutes rest time for your egg muffins to set. You can use a knife or a spatula around the sides of the muffin cups to loosen the muffins, so they will easily come out.
SHARING IS CARING
As always, if you make this egg cup recipe, please remember to share it on social media and tag me @seasonshealings. I want to see your lovely creations!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Egg Cups with Dill, Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup organic half & half
- 2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cheddar, grated
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Grease a muffin tray with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half & half, spinach sun dried tomatoes, dill, black pepper, sea salt and cheddar until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into each of the muffin cups until each are filled.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve right away or store in airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.