How cute are these heart chocolates? These heart chocolates are amazingly easy to make and are the perfect sweet treat for when you get those chocolate cravings.
Dairy Free & Sugar Free
They are completely dairy-free and sugar-free. The coconut milk powder in this recipe acts similarly to how dairy would in a chocolate recipe. Coconut milk makes the chocolates nice & creamy! The honey in these heart chocolates lends the perfect amount of sweetness without overdoing it. Of course, you can always decrease the amount of sugar that is in these chocolates by adding a little less. For me, I found 1/4 cup to be just the right amount.
For this recipe, you will need some silicone heart shaped molds to achieve the heart shape. You can find heart shaped molds at Michaels or on Amazon. I definitely suggest getting a couple of these when making these chocolates, so you can freeze all your batches at once. It will just make the process that much quicker for you, instead of having to freeze each batch separately.
Heart Chocolates for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and these little heart chocolates would be the loveliest addition to your Valentine’s Day festivities. Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? If so, what are your plans?
I don’t get overly excited about Valentine’s Day, as I feel that every day of the year we should be showing people our love & appreciation for them. However, I always find it fun to create recipes inspired by the holidays. Also, I am a sucker for anything heart shaped! Too cute.
My partner and I have been snacking on these nonstop. I tend to get chocolate cravings in the evenings, so these heart chocolates are saving me from having to run to the grocery store to get my evening chocolate fix!
For more dessert recipes, check out my desserts here.
More Sweet Treat Ideas
Pistachio Rose Honey Heart Chocolates
- 1 cup raw organic cacao butter
- 1 cup coconut milk powder
- 1 cup organic cacao powder
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- pinch of himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 tbsp rose petals, chopped
- 1. In a medium sized saucepan, melt cacao butter on low heat. Stirring constantly until fully melted. The liquid should look like melted butter.2. Once melted, add in the coconut milk powder and whisk until completely dissolved. At this point, the liquid will start to look milky white due to the coconut milk powder. Add in the cacao powder and whisk again until thoroughly combined.3. Add in the vanilla extract and himalayan salt. Remove from heat and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.4. After 10 minutes, slowly drizzle in the honey and rose water.5. Using a spoon, spoon liquid mixture into each heart cup on a silicone heart shaped mold until completely filled.6. Top chocolate hearts with pistachios & rose petals. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Repeat until the chocolate mixture is done.7. Store in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!
**It’s very important to incorporate the honey and rose water AFTER the mixture has cooled down slightly. Adding these ingredients beforehand can cause the mixture to seperate and that is not what we want to accomplish here.**