In need of some last minute inspiration for creating the most perfect, and delicious veggie & cheese board for your New Years party? I’ve got you covered!
Over the holidays, I picked up this wonderful weaved serving platter. All these ideas have been running through my head since I got it, and I am so happy to have finally put it to good use! This board is simple, but consists of all the good things you want in a cheese board, such as an assortment of colourful veggies, a couple of different textured cheeses, dried fruits, nuts and some nibbly-type things, such as rice sticks.
I also roasted some cherry tomatoes in olive oil, oregano and fresh dill for this cheese board as well. These taste so good with a bit of sourdough bread. The sourdough bread really soaks up all the lovely juices in the tomatoes. Add a little slice of cheddar cheese on top and you have a match made in heaven! Additionally, I made my own tzatziki sauce to have as a dip for all the veggies. Super easy to make and tastes delicious!
I hope you all have a Happy New Year’s eve. I am heading out to dinner with my fella for the evening. I am looking forward to eating a lovely meal and having a quiet evening with my little family. See you all in 2019! Much love + light to all of you! xoxo
More Snack/Party Food Ideas
New Years Veggie & Cheese Board
- 1/2 bag of rainbow carrots
- 1 cup rice sticks
- 1 jar mixed olives
- 1 link honey smoked sausage
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruits, such as apricots & figs
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 4 oz cinnamon cranberry goat cheese
- 4 oz welsh aged cheddar
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, grated, tossed with 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely minced
- juice of half a lemon or vinegar to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill and/or mint
- salt, pepper, cayenne to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cherry tomatoes in pan with olive oil, balsamic and dill.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, work on the tzatziki. Place grated cucumbers into a bowl with salt and let sit for 10 minutes to help drain some of the water.
- While waiting for the cucumbers, add the greek yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper cayenne, dill and mint to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Remove tomatoes from oven and add to the platter.
- Back to the cucumbers: using a dish towel, squeeze out any excess water from cucumbers. Then, place cucumbers in bowl with the yogurt mixture and stir. Let sit for about 10 minutes. (If you have time, I suggest letting the tzatziki sit for about an hour if possible, to let the flavours meld together. Overnight would be ideal)
- When done, serve with platter and enjoy!