Peaches and pizza. Does it get any better? I love this time of year because of all the fresh peaches in season. I found some beautiful peaches at my local market and immediately got the idea to make this Peach Pesto Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula and Toasted Pistachios.
PEACH PIZZA RECIPE
This pizza has got to be one of my absolute favourite pizza recipes I’ve made so far. There is something so wonderful about the sweet taste of peaches, coupled with the saltiness of cheese and prosciutto. Truly a heavenly combination. I roasted the peaches in the oven on top of the pizza, but you could definitely grill the peaches as well. Grilled peaches on this pizza would be delicious!
I used three different kind of cheeses for this recipe: mozzarella, parmesan and goat cheese. I feel that using a variety of cheeses really provides a unique depth of flavour. The goat cheese especially goes well with the peaches.
Additionally, I topped the pizza with some fresh arugula which adds a peppery, earthy flavour to the pizza. I also added some balsamic glaze for some extra sweetness. I use Nonna Pia’s balsamic glaze and it worked perfectly for this pizza!
HOMEMADE PIZZA DOUGH
There really is nothing quite like making your own pizza dough. It beats the heck out of store bought dough always! The recipe I used to make the pizza dough for this peach pizza can be found here. Please make sure that if you decide to make this pizza dough that you allow yourself the extra time to make this pizza. Making the homemade dough requires some more time. I suggest making the dough the night before you plan on making this peach pizza recipe.
MORE DINNER IDEAS
For more recipes like this peach pizza recipe, check some more of my recipes here:
Peach Pesto Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula & Toasted Pistachios
Peach Pesto Prosciutto Pizza
- 1/2 lb pizza dough, (
homemadeor store bought)
- 1-2 tbsp semolina
- 3-4 tbsp pesto, (homemade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 2 fuzzy peaches, sliced thinly
- 2-3 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup arugula
- 2-3 tbsp roasted pistachios
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place a sprinkle of semolina on a pizza pan.
- On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough with a rolling pin until it resembles a circle. I like to press down in the middle of the dough with a fist so that it flattens out in the middle. Then I start rolling out. Once the dough resembles a circle, transfer to a pizza pan.
- Add a layer of pesto, mozzarella, parmesan, goat cheese, prosciutto, peaches. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- When done, add fresh arugula and toasted pistachios, along with the balsamic glaze. Serve!